Let’s talk…

“The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things…”

At 17.00 every day, I like to publish a guest post, inviting other writers, bloggers, photographers and artists to share their work and their stories. The Daily Echo Blog has just topped the 17,000 followers mark… not a huge readership by global standards, but not a number to be sneezed at either, especially if you have something to share.

Why not be my guest? Read on to find out how…

ER Logo

Have you have had a strange experience or encounter that you would like to share? I am not looking for sensationalism or fictional tales… but in light of the response to recent posts, I think it would be both useful and reassuring to others to realise that none of us are alone in these strange encounters and experiences and perhaps we can open discussion on what they may be or may mean. You can read some of the previous posts in the series HERE.

LL logoHow did your granny predict the weather? What did your great uncle Albert tell you about the little green men he saw in the woods that night? What strange creature stalks the woods in your area? So many of these old stories are slipping away for want of being recorded. Legendary creatures, odd bits of folklore, folk remedies and charms, and all the old stories that brought our landscape to life… Tell me a story, share memories of the old ways that are being forgotten, share the Living Lore of your home. I am not looking for fiction with this feature, but for genuine bits of folklore, old wives tales, folk magic and local legends. Why not share what you know and preserve it for the future? You can read some of the earlier posts HERE.

BmG logoTell me a story… share your expertise, or your news. What drives you to do what you do? Why do you write? When did you take your first photograph… and why? Do you have a new book coming out? News of an exhibition? What have you learned that you can share? Do you have a story to tell… inspiration to offer… Or advice on writing, publishing, or promoting? Can you share tips on photography or art? There are full guidelines HERE, but just drop me a line and we can talk.

#writephotoAnd last but by no means least, are you a #writephoto regular? There are a good many writers who participate regularly in the weekly writephoto writing challenge here on the Daily Echo. We read your work… poetry, fiction, memoirs… but often know very little else about you unless we can find out more on your own blogs. Come on over and introduce yourself!

All I will need is the full text of your post, links to your social media and to your work and any images that you would like to include. Email me at findme@scvincent.com

This entry was posted in Blogging, Books, Guest post, photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Let’s talk…

1. Adele Marie says:

Reblogged this on firefly465 and commented:
    Be my Guest Sue Vincent

2. Reblogged this on Not Tomatoes and commented:
    Share your story or art on the Daily Echo with Sue Vincent:

3. Sue this is so generous. I’m going to be taking leave one or two days a week through November, so at last I should finally have time to write up something. For years I’ve wanted to research and collect old southern superstitions, because my grandmother had several. I’d love to do a post about that if it’s okay. I will email you. Happy weekend hugs.

4. Jennie says:

Thank you, Sue. I will be in touch.

5. Hi Sue, congratulations on your 17,000 followers.

I love to be your guest. I’ll have a Book Launch on Monday, November 5 for my debut poetry book. One of the poems is the very first one I wrote for your Writephoto. I can write about my new book.

I also have interesting experiences encountering angels, but I could only share one, the other ones have people involved and I don’t have permissions to share. 🙂

6. Reblogged this on The Showers of Blessings and commented:
    Sue invite you to be her guest on her 17,000 follower blog. Hop over to read about it. 🙂

7. Reblogged this on Smorgasbord Blog Magazine and commented:
    Something to think about… Sue Vincent is looking for guest writers.. and she would love to hear from you. Sue has a very popular blog that has a terrific reach and readership. An interesting post is an ideal opportunity to also promote your blog or your books.. don’t miss this opportunity… we tend to share each other’s guest posts when we can so you get the support of Sue’s regular readers too. #Goforit

8. noelleg44 says:

Might have something on the Pilgrims soon. I’m immersed in research….

9. olganm says:

Congratulations on your following, Sue. I’m not at all surprised.