Thursday photo prompt: Wave #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed and I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every Thursday at 10a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I will feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week.

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 4th July and link back to this post with a pingback to be included in the round-up.  There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

150 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Wave #writephoto

1. Penrose says:

What a nice coincidence that my two latest poems coincide with your two latest prompts!

Please use your fantastic picture if you decide to share my poem, Sue! 🙂

2. Pingback: Poem: Waves – Museless Thoughts

3. Pingback: Wave #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

4. Pingback: Main Mineral Constituent | I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess

5. Pingback: Wave – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

6. trentpmcd says:

Beautiful photo, though I do admit it threw me for a bit of a loop at first. Of course, when you are in a fantasy land, anything is possible 😉 Here is the “next exciting episode”: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/28/wave-writephoto/ I hope you enjoy!

7. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Wave #writephoto – Ladyleemanila

8. Reblogged this on ladyleemanila and commented:
    wave challenge 🙂

9. Pingback: Waves – #Writephoto Prompt | forgottenmeadows

10. Pingback: Clothing Optional Beach – A Unique Title For Me

11. Pingback: Incomplete – Reena Saxena

12. Pingback: Waves | Penny Wilson Writes

13. I love this picture, Sue. Here’s my contribution. https://pennywilsonwrites.com/2018/06/28/waves/

14. Pingback: Last Stand | Powered by Robots

15. James Pyles says:

The seashore scene worked perfectly for what I had planned for the end of this chapter, but it took a long time to get everyone there: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/06/28/last-stand/

16. Pingback: THE LAST VETERAN – Iain Kelly

17. Iain Kelly says:

A melancholy one, despite the heatwave and the beach weather we’re experiencing at the moment – I should be writing something happier!

18. Pingback: Seaside Song | Wallie's Wentletrap

19. wallietheimp says:

Wallie and my response. 🙂 “Seaside Song” — https://wallieswentletrap.com/2018/06/28/seaside-song/

20. Pingback: #writephoto – In Search Of – #waves #shortstory | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

21. How I wish I could jump through my screen and into the water! Such a peaceful setting. Here’s my contribution for Wave

22. Pingback: Oh Shoot! | jagahdilmein

23. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Wave #writephoto – The Souls of the Dead | Morpethroad

24. Pingback: #writephoto — Beyond The Sea – This, That, and The Other

25. notestowomen says:

Hi Sue,

Here’s my post.

notestowomen.wordpress.com/2018/06/29/nisha-wave-writephoto/

26. Pingback: Nisha/Wave #writephoto | Notes to Women

27. Pingback: Waving to the firmament! #writephoto | Never A Worry

28. Em says:

There’s something so serene and calming about that photo. Love it, Sue.

29. Pingback: Waves | method two madness

30. Pingback: The Sands – Smell The Coffee

31. Pingback: Waves Of Aches And Tears | awisewomansjourney

32. Pingback: Tidal waves of life #writephoto. – A Thousand Shades of Awesomeness

33. Pingback: A Love Lost/Wave #writephoto – A Heart for Africa

34. Pingback: A Lost Love – A Heart for Africa

35. Pingback: By the beachside – It's me 4 u!

36. Pingback: The Curious Buttocks Of Norris Soffit #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

37. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt.Wave. #writephoto. | willowdot21

38. Pingback: Sea Shore Encounters: a #writephoto #haibun – Frank J. Tassone

39. Pingback: Another Wave.. #writephoto

40. Here is another stream of careless syllables that couldn’t contain themselves looking at the image..

41. Memories of home and childhood in this week’s photo, great. Have tried to capture a fantasy this week at http://bobfairfield.org/2018/07/01/sue-vincents-weekly-writephoto-beach-frolics/

42. Pingback: Roar of the waves – Thursday Photo Prompt – syncwithdeep

43. syncwithdeep says:

Thanks for the prompt Sue. Yet another emotion photo prompt, that made me write a poem once again. Here is my link,

44. Pingback: Message in the sand – Richmond Road

45. Pingback: wave #writephoto | HIP TO BE SNARK

46. janmalique says:

Mine is done now Sue.

47. Pingback: Dreamed Memory #writephoto | Sascha Darlington's Microcosm Explored

48. Pingback: Waves – Being in Nature

49. Pingback: Whispering waves! | radhikasreflection

50. Pingback: Gentle kisses – What she wrote next

51. Hi Sue. I love photos of the sea. I did a poem this week. The sea is something special to me. ❤️

Thanks x

52. Pingback: Plethora of Life #WritePhoto – Author Flawed to Perfection

53. Liv Foster says:

Here’s mine, Sue. It’s a poem about a mysterious woman of the ocean. I hope you like it. livfoster27.wordpress.com/2018/07/03/waterside-wisdom-poem/

54. Pingback: neelwrites/forbiddenfruit/WritePhoto/flash/fiction/shortstory/03/07/2018 | neelwritesblog

55. Pingback: Waves #writephoto – Kaleidoscope of my life

56. Pingback: Wave #WritePhoto | The Story Files

57. Pingback: Wave #writephoto – dnspectre

58. Ken Decroo says:

As usual, beautiful photographs and insightful words, Sue.

59. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt-Blamegame #writephoto – SOUL CONNECTION