Thursday photo prompt: Fallen #writephoto

#writephoto

Every Thursday at noon GMT, I publish one of my photos as a writing prompt.  If you know where the photo was taken, please keep it to yourself until the challenge is closed. I usually share something about the place during the round-up.

Throughout the week I will feature as many of the responses here on the Daily Echo as space allows. Every Thursday at 10a.m. GMT, a full round-up of posts will be published linking back to the original posts of contributors.

You can find all last week’s entries in the weekly round-up. Please visit and read the stories and poems and explore the sites of their writers. I feature as many contributions as I can on the blog during the week, but given the volume of contributions that will seldom  be all of them!

Use the image below as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, by noon (GMT)  Wednesday 16th May and link back to this post with a pingback. There is no word limit and no style requirements, except to keep it fairly family friendly.

If you are unsure of how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial here.

Pingbacks need to be manually approved, so either check back to make sure that the pingback has appeared or simply copy and paste your link into the comments section of this post.

Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish or you can replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work. Don’t forget to use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.

Have fun!

This entry was posted in photo prompt, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Fallen #writephoto

Another brilliant photo prompt Sue.

2. I have No idea where it us but it looks interesting. ..

3. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Fallen #writephoto | willowdot21

4. Pingback: Excerpt from “With trolls through the mountains” by Lady Emmeline Graham-Jones. | Fmme writes poems

5. https://scvincent.com/2018/05/10/thursday-photo-prompt-fallen-writephoto/
    I enjoyed that one. Thanks, Sue. Haven’t been around for a bit, but I’m up for some flash fiction fun now.

Liked by 2 people

6. Pingback: ROCKFALL – Iain Kelly

7. Iain Kelly says:

Good fun, Sue. It seemed to me that a third boulder had somehow been removed…

8. Vivian Zems says:

I like this one, Sue😊

9. Pingback: Fallen #WritePhoto | forgottenmeadows

10. Pingback: The Fallen | Powered by Robots

11. Nice one. I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone contributes. 🙂

12. Pingback: Fallen – #writephoto | Trent's World (the Blog)

13. trentpmcd says:

I didn’t have much more time this week, but snuck in writing it anyway 😉 Here is the continuation of my story: https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/10/fallen-writephoto/

Liked by 2 people

14. Pingback: #writephoto – Fallen | Journey To Ambeth

15. Helen Jones says:

Hi Sue!

Here’s mine:

I did do a pingback, but wanted to share the link as well, just in case

xx

16. Pingback: Thursday Photo Prompt, Lost, #writephoto. | willowdot21

17. Pingback: Fallen #writephoto – Poetry, Short Prose and Walking

18. Pingback: #WritePhoto – Fallen | But I Smile Anyway...

19. Pingback: Flash Fiction: Changed #writephoto | The Dark Netizen

20. Pingback: Thursday photo prompt: Fallen #writephoto | Morpethroad

21. Pingback: Movement – Reena Saxena

22. Pingback: Game of Stones | jagahdilmein

23. Pingback: The Descent – #Writephoto – L.E.R.T

24. Pingback: Fallen #writephoto – Of Glass & Paper

25. Pingback: #writephoto — The Young Earth – This, That, and The Other

26. Pingback: #writephoto: Memorial – Jane Dougherty Writes

27. Pingback: neelwrites/astonyquest/thursdayphotoprompt/flash/fiction/shortstory/250words/11/05/2018 | neelwritesblog

28. jaya1966 says:

Hi Sue, This is my first entry for #Writephoto. Thanks for the prompt. Here is the link.

I am using blogger which does not seem to support pingbacks. I hope my entry will still be taken into consideration.

29. Pingback: Osiarian Relics: A #FreestyleFriday (5/11/18) #writephoto #haibun – Frank J. Tassone

30. Pingback: Fortuity – Journey

31. Pingback: Sounds of Soul – #SoCS #The Daily Post #writephoto – syncwithdeep

32. syncwithdeep says:

Hi Sue, Thanks for the photo prompt. here is my entry, something new that i have tried!

33. Pingback: pt 27~ Underground Rumbling? – What if We all Cared?

34. Pingback: Memories #writephoto | V i a k a t

35. kasturi says:

Hello Sue, I recently came across your lovely blog. This is my first attempt at #writephoto. Thank you for the prompt which made me think quite hard before I could come up with something decent. 🙂 Here is my entry: https://viakat.blog/2018/05/12/memories-writephoto/

36. Pingback: Egg Thief | Wallie's Wentletrap

37. Pingback: Adam and Eve (Poem) #WritePhoto – TheSeedSowerz Communications

38. RuthEK says:

Thank you. I hope I did the ping back correctly!

39. Pingback: #writephoto – Never Waste a Chance – #poetry #fallen | Night Owl Poetry - Dorinda Duclos

40. Pingback: Fallen #Writephoto | The Story Files

41. Pingback: When Opportunity Rocks #writephoto #flashfiction | TanGental

42. Pingback: Stones of Bethel – A Unique Title For Me

43. Pingback: No Question of Balance – #writephoto | rivrvlogr

44. Pingback: #Writephoto ‘Fallen Lovers’ #Tanka | Rereading Jane Eyre

45. LucciaGray says:

Beautiful picture, Sue. Thank you for the prompt.
    It inspired to write this Tanka: https://lucciagray.com/2018/05/14/writephoto-fallen-lovers-tanka/

46. janmalique says:

Hi Sue, I know you know I’ve posted my offering, so here’s my reminder, 🙂

47. Pingback: #writephoto – Fallen | anita dawes and jaye marie

48. Pingback: The Sculptor – #writephoto – thehouseofbailey

49. Pingback: The Sculptor – #writephoto - Scott Andrew Bailey

50. Pingback: The Fallen Temple – Being in Nature

51. Suzanne says:

Here’s my response to your photo challenge Sue. Thank you for the opportunity to write about a place that is very important to me. https://beinginnatureblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/16/the-fallen-temple/

52. Pingback: #writephoto: between a rock and a hard place | HIP TO BE SNARK