Ani’s Advent – Joyful and triumphant!

Dear Santa, it is Christmas Eve
And I have kept my vow,
For four-and twenty Advent posts
Have all been published now!

I have to thank my friends for this
‘Cause they came to my side,
To save me from the antler-things
That I cannot abide!

(They were all red and furry,
Nothing like a normal deer’s,
I might not then have minded…
But lets not give her ideas!)

But ’cause my friends have rallied round
With posts, so I could share ’em,
I met my target easily…
So I don’t have to wear ’em πŸ™‚

Thank you to everyone who sent in an Advent post! She promises that the furry antlers will not make an appearance this year… at least not on my head!

This entry was posted in Christmas, Dogs and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Ani’s Advent – Joyful and triumphant!

1. Happy No-Antler Christmas, Ani!

2. TanGental says:

dog ‘s rule! Yay. Merry Crimbo!!

3. Happy Christmas Ani and to you too Sue! x

4. quiall says:

Maybe you should wear the antlers Sue. To show Ani what a good sport you are. . . .

5. Mary Smith says:

Well done, Ani. Have a happy Christmas with lots of turkey and tennis balls.

6. Ritu says:

Yay!!! Well done Ani! Happy to help! Love Sonu Singh😻

7. Merry Christmas Ani. No doubt Santa has some goodies on his sleigh for you. xx

8. bobcabkings says:

Congratulations, Ani! (But, just between you and me, I suspect it was an empty threat.) I hope she got a big enough turkey that you will get to eat your fill of it.

9. Wish you all a Merry Christmas! But Ani, dont drink to much, otherwise you will get a red reindeer nose, and never loose it before easter. LOL
    Have a good time, all the Vincent-family. πŸ˜‰ Michael

10. Hi Ani. I’m glad we were able to save you from the antlers this year. I had an interesting experience the other day. No antlers were involved – thankfully – but… Well, you can read about it here: http://ziglernews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/a-christmas-poem-by-lilie-westie-puppy.html
    Hope Santa Paws brings you lots of toys and treats. Lots of licks, Lilie

11. rivrvlogr says:

Merry Christmas, to both Ani and Sue!!

12. Darlene says:

Happy Happy Christmas! Darlene and Dot!!

Have a lovely Christmas Ani πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„

14. Jennie says:

Merry Christmas, Ani!

15. Widdershins says:

Well done, Ani!!! … she’s not planning anything for Easter, is she?

16. dgkaye says:

It’s been beautiful visiting you for all the Advent days Ani. Merry Christmas ❀

17. macjam47 says:

Well done, Ani. I’m glad you didn’t have to wear those antlers. Lots of hugs and belly rubs.

18. noelleg44 says:

Ani, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with cheesy snacks and tennis balls. I’m sure you can forgive the Santa hat! And a Happy New Years, too. I think you have a good life going…my two legged did NOT put a bow on me, for which I am grateful.
    Garfield

There was more than just a hat though, Garfield 😦 They really are sneaky, these two-legses…
      Still, there was ham and turkey and cheese…even sausages πŸ™‚ So she’s not all bad πŸ˜‰ xx