Ani does Macbeth (again)… the dog-treat scene

Is this a dog treat which I see before me,

Thus dangled before my nose? Come, let me crunch thee.

I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.

Thou art not, fatal vision, sensible

For the volume of my waist… Mayhap thou art

A dog treat of the mind, a false temptation,

Designed to tease a dog of little brain?

I see thee yet, in form as crunchable

As that which last I ate.

Thou temptest me into the kitchen cupboard;

And such as was inside, I had to chew.

Mine eyes grow wide when fed by canine senses,

And thou worth all the rest; I see thee still,

And from her hand I bite delicious food,

Where once it was before, there’s no such thing…

With profound apologies to Shakespeare.

Even though she’s done this scene before, with a tennis ball.

It was the face…

This entry was posted in Dogs, Humour, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Ani does Macbeth (again)… the dog-treat scene

1. Ritu says:

Oh how brilliant!

2. Wow. Shakespeare. I can see it on stage. What a HIT!

3. Haha! This made my night!

4. barbtaub says:

That face!
    “Small dogs’ love then lies
    Not truly in their hearts, but in their eyes.”
    –(With more apologies to the bard, Friar Lawrence, and Romeo)

can’t speak for laughing, you have quite made my morning!

6. You are right.. that face… brilliant Sue.. The Bard would be most impressed – sending two sausages! xx

7. Widdershins says:

Bravo, Ani! πŸ˜€ … encore!!! … now I want to see her as Prospera – Helen Mirren style. πŸ™‚

8. Mary Smith says:

What a wonderful expression on her face. I’m sure Mr Shakespeare wou;dn’t mind a bit – he’d probably laugh, too.

9. adeleulnais says:

I loved this, Sue and Anni’s look is priceless. Ah yes, the crunchy, munchy, treats are, Dante’s downfall as he can never resist and will stop his mad dashing through flowerbeds and such to be tempted by one. lol xx

10. This is fantastic, Sue. Well done, Ani, much better than the original.

11. fransiweinstein says:

Love.

12. noelleg44 says:

Ani, you would grace the stage at the Globe Theatre! What a face! Brilliant!

13. davidjrogersftw says:

Clever, intelligent, witty, imaginative, profound. Thank you, Sue.

14. Well done! πŸ™‚ And poor Ani – always a vision, never a crunch. πŸ™‚

Oh! Ani how erudite you are! πŸ’œπŸ’—

16. TamrahJo says:

My boss can spout of entire sections of Shakespeare at drop of hat – – and I’m thinking he may have had a rough Monday – – so thanks for the wonderful ‘pick me up’ post to share with him!!! Ani, is your manager fielding theatre calls? πŸ˜€

17. dgkaye says:

Omg, I’m lost for words! Priceless! πŸ™‚ xo

18. Ha, Ha. She’s gone from simple blogging to quoting Macbeth. Next, we’ll hear she’s appearing on stage somewhere. That picture is great. πŸ˜€ — Suzanne

19. Rae Longest says:

Loved the Shakespeare parody! The original rhythms of the lines were replicated admirably! Great post!