I see you

yorkshire 0101

It is in the high places and wild spaces I see you.

There I hear your laughter echo in the hills,

Dancing on the mist, a will o’ the wisp with joyous grace,

Challenging the wind to chase you

And kiss your face.

I see you on the seashore, running through the waves

Barefoot in a winter sea, being a child because you can,

Leaving your cares abandoned at the water’s edge

Discarded like the shoes you left

Behind you on the sand.

I see you walking underneath the winter trees,

Leaving footprints in the sodden emerald moss

Frozen, fragile glass beneath your feet

As you speak of life and memory

And I watch you change.

I find you in the winter land, in snowy silence.

As a year turns, graced with tears that know no grief

And time falls from your face, forgotten trace

Of another past. I watch your eyes

Remember childhood’s flame.

This entry was posted in Friendship, Love, Poetry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to I see you

1. lovely Sue, gave me a tear in my eye…

2. Rae Longest says:

Simply lovely (as usual–I have come to expect this inspiration and uplifting of the spirit from your poetry…even the sad ones.)

3. Henrietta Watson says:

Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.

4. Jennie says:

This is lovely, Sue. One of your best.

5. Wonderful and moving. 🙂

6. This is beautiful, Sue. Nostalgic and full of heart.

7. This is a very visual poem, Sue. I can see the child round and about at play – you can just catch glimpses of her out of the corner of your eye.

8. Lyn Horner says:

Lovely, heartfelt words, Sue!

9. Wow, this sent a chill through as I read that last line. This is amazing and so very lovely!!! May I rebog it? 🙂 ❤

10. It gave me chills … and poetry rarely does that. Beautiful!

11. Beautiful poem and musings Sue. Thank you.

12. JoAnna says:

This poem sang to me a song that is familiar and yet it is your own. It reminds me how easily words can reach across long distances and touch a person’s soul.

13. apoetic1 says:

I wish there was a “love” button. So incredibly beautiful and delicately conveyed… ❤